Augspurger Komm Engineering and BTI Consultants have a 12,000 square foot shop used for fabricating models, conducting testing and hosting group inspections/examinations. The shop also provides us with the ability to securely store large pieces of evidence such as vehicles, boats, and heavy equipment. Our laboratory facilities incorporate a wide range of tools and testing equipment that allow us to conduct comprehensive failure investigations.
- We commonly build unique test set-ups, allowing us to conduct very specific testing, often in an attempt to recreate the failure being investigated.
- We build our own courtroom exhibits, giving us the time to become familiar with them, and incorporate features that aid in our explanation during trial.
- Sectioning of failed components/equipment
- Flow rates and pressure determination at various points in a fluid system
- Load cell and accelerometer testing
- Fire chamber testing
- Using our secure fire chamber, we can recreate fire causation scenarios
- Life cycle testing
- Material performance
- Using exemplars, we can recreate failure environments and test various materials for suitability